For a limited time, the IFC Center in New York City, at 323 6th Avenue on West 3rd Street, is screening a great many of the films from the Hayao Miyazaki / Studio Ghibli catalog.
Most, if not all, of the films in question have been released in English on home video, but there's little question one of the best ways to see these films -- among the best of anime -- is to catch them in a theater. This opportunity doesn't arise often, so if you're in the area, go grab it when you can.
Among the films playing are:
- Grave of the Fireflies (showtimes)
- My Neighbor Totoro (showtimes)
- Porco Rosso (showtimes)
- Whisper of the Heart (showtimes)
- Only Yesterday (showtimes)
- My Neighbors the Yamadas (showtimes)
- Princess Mononoke (showtimes)
- The Cat Returns (showtimes)
- Castle in the Sky (showtimes)
- Pom Poko (showtimes)
- Spirited Away (showtimes)
For capsule summaries of the other movies listed here, see our feature, The Films of Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli.